Welcome to Our Conga Blog!

Wanna do the Conga???
Get your motor running!!
Ride with us...Follow us!! Come on, it's tempting!!
You know it!

Monday, May 25, 2009

Shell to Idaho Falls

Don't forget to check out facebook for all the pics!!
We left Shell Wyoming, from the Antler Inn,at 8 am. We were so well treated. Coffee was made for us by Al, the owner, and he helped us figure out the map on how to get to Yellowstone Park.He checked the weather for us and it looked like it was going to be good all the way to Yellowstone,and it was. We thought for sure we would run into rain, or snow, as this pass had just recently opened too. luck was on our side..
We said our goodbyes and headed down the road. There was instant beautiful scenery. I have to say Wyoming is the most gorgeous state. Different terrane all the time. From the red mountain rock to lakes and rivers and creeks windy roads, cute little towns. We knew we were going to have a long day as we had to be in Idaho Falls, to meet the Dragon. She was on a mission to get here around 5pm. So that was our goal too. There was one little problem, because we had no internet in Shell, we couldn't find out the name of the hotel. My phone was dead as I forgot to charge it.. Imagine that>>. I hate phones.
The ride to yellowstone was gorgeous, now once we entered yellowstone park, where it cost us 20 bucks and we couldn't believe it.. Tanya says, why is it so much. She told us because it was a gorgeous park that was why. That was no understatement, I have to say. I already believed that Wyoming was one of the nicests states, I had seen. It just kept getting better and better. We took alot of pictures, and could have added, alot more. We were heading to Old Faithful, the geyser. I wish I was good at describing the scenery, but you will have to look at the pics. We saw it all, from snow, to frozen lakes, bison, elke, small geysers. Gorgeous snow capped mountains.
When we actually got to Old faithful, we had to wait about half hour for it to gush all over the place. I took many clips and when I get time, will put them all together. hopefully, they are not too boring. I actually preferred the small geysers more than the big one,. It was all worth it though.That was in Wyoming, and heading out, we hit Montana, where we pulled over to check the map again on how to get to Idaho Falls.. Low and behold and policeman pulls over and asks us what's up, and what does the enforcement stand for. When I told him Technique enforcement, he had a big grin on his face, and said, I have heard about those people, Ride Like a Pro. So I gave him a card and told him to tell them Flo sent him. He of course asked about the pink and all. I said, well ya know, it may cost you if I have to give you the speel.. The long and short of it, he wrote us a check for 50 bucks. So the last couple of days has been awesome
.We had about 2 and half hours to get to Idaho Falls, in time to meet Draggie. How we were going to do that was beyond me, with a dead cell phone and no internet. We rode around town for awhile and saw nothing. Stopped and asked directions and still got lost. so then we pulled in to a Dollar Store parking lot to decide what to do. I couldn't even think, I had to pee so bad. I was laughing and said to Tanya, I am bout to drop my drawers here pretty soon, if I dont find a washroom. She pointed over to the side, and said, look over there, there is a portable. I couldn't believe, it..it was open and all was good, now we needed internet.. No such luck.. Tany found an electrical outlet on the store, so we plugged in my phone.
We got out our phone list, and decided to call Sunflower of all people in Georgia. I knew she was a night hawk and it was 3 hours later than where we were at. I gave her my pass word, and she got into my mail so we could find the confirmantion of the hotel we were to meet Draggie at.The sun was going down fast now, but still this huge big ball of light shining in our faces. how she could see that the lights were green was beyond me. I was just following her tailgait. We did make it finally.
We were both so done, I could not ride another mile. 12 hours on the bike today, I could not imagine how the Dragon was going to feel. She had left a message at the desk she would be late about 10pm.No sooner did we get all settled in, and I heard a bike, yelled out the window and said... Is that a Dragon!!Whoo hoo, we are all together now. The gals have gone to bed, they are dead dog tired, so am I but I hate getting behind on the blog, with this memory, I will forget what happened yesterday!! What a day.. Great to have 3 Island girls together.
Night folks!!

No comments: