Welcome to Our Conga Blog!

Wanna do the Conga???
Get your motor running!!
Ride with us...Follow us!! Come on, it's tempting!!
You know it!

Monday, May 25, 2009

Gillette to Shell Wyoming

Sunday
We left Gelette about 9am, not knowing what the weather was going to be like. It called for thunder storms. It was cloudy, not drissling, so we decided against rain gear. We so wanted to go with out our helmets... so we did.. We were dressed warm with bags for socks, and headed down the highway towards Sheridan to fuel up. We were warm and happy and ready to put on some good milage, Also we wanted some nice roads so we asked the boy at the gas station about Big Horn Canyon and what it was like and how far. We were ready for some twisties!!!
Our first clues should have been when he said... ya it's a great road, and they just opened it up today!!! I was not thinking clearly obsviously, and I really wanted Tanya to see some cool,, beautiful twisties with different landscape and scenery as she had missed out on the Badlands.
It started to drizzle but we kept on going, as we had no choice... I pulled over and asked her if she wanted to put on her rain gear, just incase..Nope, she was toughing it out, but the helmets went on... good choice!!
We started up on Big Horn, where we had our pics taken, and I wanted to film Tanya going up the Canyon, I did... she did... Off she went.. By the time, I put my camera away, my gloves back on, and started to crawl up the hill, the rain started. I knew immeadiately, I was in for a ride...one, that I had preferred not be on.. The fog, was setting in, there was a little sunshine, peekin in from somewhere, just enough to make me see less. My windshield was covered in rain, and so were my sunglasses. My stomach started to churn... Holy crap... I can't see shit!! Other than, this big huge hairpin turn, over one of the highsest cliffs. I had just told Tanya to meet me at the next view point. There was no turning back on these roads. As I was crawling along, I thought to myself... No way in hell is she going to stop.. If I can't see, she wont be able to either. I did see a couple pull outs ons the other side of the road, but really did not think she would go there. We hadn't even really gotten into the Canyon, and I myself wanted to be done...I kept going and thought I would catch up to her soon. It was horrible, raining, cloudy, cold, slippery, and the twisties and we had only just begun. I was wishing, I had my rain gear on, actually, I was wishing, I wasn't doing this... Who's bright bright idea was this??? Oh ya... mine!
I can do this... very slowly, I know all the techniques... I was talking to myself all the way, and thought soon, I would run into Tanya. I kept going, and going, and going... The fear set in, as there was signs, saying go this way for something or that way.. I forgot, to ask her where we were going.. Im thinking to myself.. Why dont you fracking listen more. Damn, what turn off am I suppose to take.. I have gone and lost her.. Please God, dont tell me, she has gone over the cliff... Her bike isn't running good and its slippery, and there is fricking snow.. I can't see, so neither could she.,.. so I thought.As I am riding, scared, feeling helpless alone, in this big ol Canyon, I glanced in my rear view mirror, and ....Along comes Tanya!! how the hell, did that happen?? I tell ya,, I kill me sometimes, but I was sure happy to see her..
Meanwhile, I was freezing to death , but the adreneline, from worrying about what happened to Tanya, and what is going to happen to me, was keeping me warm.She has this big shit eating grin on her face, and says... why didn't ya stop. I said, I didn't see you, you weren't there, She said back.. I did so... I have proof, I have you on video. I couldn't for the life of me, think how it would have been possible for her to stop, when I was feeling as shitty as I was, why wasn't she???I told her to go ahead, I would follow, I do NOT like leading anymore... Away she went... I did pull over not too long after that, when I was freezing, just to take a pic of the snow and rain.. It was unbelievable, to see it, and feel it.. I did not want to ride any farther,.The next stop, she says we only have about 15 miles to go. Then, we only have another 80 to go to Cody, which was suppose to be our stop for the night!!
I'm thinking, to myself,,, have fun, on your ride to Cody, cuz by the time I get to the bottom of this Canyon... I ain't going anywhere, except that is warm and has internet..We stopped at a few more rest stops on the way down, and each stop, got a little prettier, and a little warmer, and dryer. I all of a sudden felt, maybe I would make it to Cody. That is the thing about riding... The weather can be horendous... you hate it, want it over, think you hate riding,... when the sun comes out... all of a sudden, life is good, and you can never see yourself not riding.Its all good now , but now we are hungry!!
We see a sign for Dirty Annies.. Good Lord, what kind of place is that going to be?? I was a cute little old time diner. They were serving Lamb burgers, that caught our eye. Everyone was smiling and friendly. We browsed around to see if we could buy another pin or postcard or whatever. I noticed the lady behind the counter had a doo rag on.. She was not a biker for sure, and I was wondering, if she had hair under the rag.. it did not appear to me, that she did. I remember thinking, I wonder if it is cancer of some sort?? We were later told it was breast cancer.
We sat down to eat, and this guy walked up and started some small talk about us and our bikes and he got caught in the rain on his bicycle,He then said, so what ya'll up too, how far ya been riding, I said, to him... You sure wanna know, it may cost you!! Tanya looked at me in disbelief... I always tell myself, ya got to ask, all they can do is say no, or yes.. He says, should I get my check book ready... yes please!!
So, we told the story, or should I say.. I did.. He says,, Hmmm. I like breasts I will donate, to your cause ladies, and he gave us $30.00. He was really friendly and told us we should go down the street to meet his uncle Brad and and a guy named Al that owns a little pub about a mile down the road. He was sure we could get them to donate. We didn't know if we should, but I told him, if he would go there, we would meet him for bit. We took pics of him, his name is Todd.. Joe little,a long time resident, was sitting out side, took a picture of us. We gassed up and headed to Antler Inn, in Shell, Wyoming....
That, was one of the most interesting days of the Conga, or shall we say, THE MOST INTERESTING day of the Conga since I hooked up with Miss Tanya. There was Todd, and there was Al, the owner,Brad , Leroy Brown, the badest boy in the whole damn town, Mike.. and old timer Dennis, Joe Little, and a few others, that we are terribly sorry can not remember all the names. Todd, proceeded to tell everyone our story.. To make a long story short... We were offered a place to stay for night to save us some money, a meal, some drinks, and we now had our own 4 Cabana Boys.. We have not had a Cabana Boy since miss Tanya joined me. Brad lives right around the corner from the Antler Inn...(you will later find out why, it is called Antler Inn)We told them, one thing, we really needed was a hose, to wash down the bikes from all the mudd on the Canyon. There wasn't anything, these Cabana Boys wouldn't do for us.,. They were really proud of what we were doing, and to be a part of it.
The pics, and clips will show you how good they treated us. They donated, bought things from us that we collected along the way, and very proudly wore our Pink Conga Bracelets. They said, they would wear them, till we got home safely.Now the bikes are all clean, and we have our own, little house, we are invited to the bar for beer and fund raising starts.. Another long story short, these boys, helped us raise $235.00. they thanked us time and time again for what we were doing, everyone, who ever walked in the bar,Todd, started to tell the story.
There is no internet here in Shell, well, at least not at the Antler Inn..After all, the population is only 50. It may be a small town, but the have big hearts let me tell you. So that is why we are late blogging. Please if you ever ride the Big horn Canyon, stop at Dirty Annies for a Lamb Burger, go down the street and stop at the Antler Inn, tell them that Flo and Tanya sent ya,It is really worth stopping in.
There are some real nice folk there and they know how to treat ya!! Tanya and I would like say thanks from the bottoms of our hearts for your hospitality, and generosity. We hope to see you on facebookFlo Fuhr vanisladyriderslive.ca
Thanks for joining the Conga and being our Cabana Boys!!!Hugs to Shell Wyoming!!
I am late getting the pics and video on, give me awhile, still got to blog so more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory

Clipping Path Service said...

Very good information with individual content and it is very useful to know about the particular based on blogs.Clipping path serviceThanks For You Sharing.