Welcome to Our Conga Blog!

Wanna do the Conga???
Get your motor running!!
Ride with us...Follow us!! Come on, it's tempting!!
You know it!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hamilton to Coure de Laine!!

We left Hamilton heading to Coeure de laine..Our next pick up was my brother BigE.. I can't say how excited I was to be going to see him today, It has been since the beginning of Dec/08 that I have seen any of my family. Our first stop was at Montana Harley Davidson. As soon as we pulled up there was a lady taking pics of us,. She worked there but not the woman that we were looking for to ask for a donation. She did give us a donation though and was impressed with what we are doing. As soon as we went inside, this lovely lady came up and started asking what is up.,she imeadiately got us a couple tshirts to go and a nice hat.
It took us under 4 hours to get to Coure de Laine. Again the scenery and weather was just awesome.. Big huge twisties going 60.. I could do that all day.Again, I had to pass the Draggie again...lol She knows when to pass me, and know when to let me go. We were also to meet Peppermintpattie and Jim at the dealership. This was good, we were finally going to have a bit of a Conga line again, as it has been pretty small with me and vgirl..then Draggie. All good tho, but better when there is more.In Coure de Laine Lone Wolf HD. We got some tshirts and a cap. After, that we were to go to Cruiser's Bar and Grill which is a drive through bar.. I couldn't imagine that. Draggie was making all these phone calls to get Eric in the right direction to come to the HD..She kept telling me to go inside. I told here I did not want to go inside, I wanted to film him coming in. She was insistant that I go inside, and that is when I started thinking to myself...Suuup??
Anyway he greeted me inside, and it was so good to see him. We went out side,and I had a good look at Blinga.. my old bike..She sure is pretty still and I had to sit on her.. God, I love the low feeling of planting my feet. He starts to rev it up and says... don't ya miss that sound sis?? Listen..there is an echo....I heard another snapping of pipes..., I would recognize that sound anywhere...Brother Blingo comes bursting around the corner.I couldn't believe it.. Well sorta.. Miss Draggie blew it on her last call to him when I hear her say you guys insteas of you on the last call. I still was not sure who was with...I tell ya she did it again, a very nice surprise.. The FUHR FACTOR together again!!!
We all came to the hotel to get settled in and wait for arrangements to go to Cruiser's Bar and Grill. It is a drive through bar. Jim ran the camera down there so we could have it filmed. I never realized what a cool place this would be. It was real funky. The coolest part was the lady who owns the place. She is beautiful inside and out.. She was right there and thanking us for coming by and for all we are doing. She proceeded to tell us she has had breast cancer a couple of times and a double mascetamy. I couldn't believe it. It was meant to be that we stopped there. I told her what our plans were to sell the things that were donated and raise money. She was unreal and said you girls just do what you want. Whateveer works. she was our first customer of course and bought all the pink stuff. It came to $122.00 and she rounded it off to 150.00.. Then she gave us a lot of things to take, like breast cancer book marks and pins. She also gave me a patch that says I drove through Cruiser's.. I'm telling your if you are ever in Coure de Laine, it is an HTBD.. HAS TO BE DONE, Great place great lady, and great food.. The clientel was awesome because they all donated when.............I took off my bra!!!
Can you believe it.. anything for the Conga and for Breast Cancer.. I never realized how many people we run into in one day that have been affected by this horrible disease. I am more honored to be doing this than I was when we just started the fundraiser. Anyway, I just said to Draggie, I should take off my pink bra and hang it up there with the rest of them. Leave my mark.. She said hell ya, better yet, sign it and then I said, let's see if people will pay to sign it.. So away we went around with the bra, Draggie wearing mine and me braless..begging for donations. We raised 38.00 and the Conga II has left its mark in Coure de Laine.. Dang, sure hope Peppermintpattie and Jim dont think we are wierd...Ha... we are!!

2 comments:

WyzWmn© said...

Cruiser's Rocks! was there last August....

yer braver n me tho...I didn't leave my bra....I ain't doin nuttin that involved undoin my belt! :)

Flo said...

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!