Welcome to Our Conga Blog!

Wanna do the Conga???
Get your motor running!!
Ride with us...Follow us!! Come on, it's tempting!!
You know it!

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Canada Day-One Month home from Conga

Well, it has been exactly a month yesterday that the Conga ended. Wow, that went fast... and if I really think about it, it seemed like it was long ago. I wish it was still going on. I really never get tired of being out on the open road, and meeting peopl along the way. The beautiful scenery, the happy people. Because even if you aren't happy, you would never know it when you are out on the road, stoping to meet and greet the next bunch for how ever long they can manage to ride.
Canada Day here on the Island for me was really special. These rides always remind me of the Conga.
Anyway I rode to Victoria which is the oposite end of the Island (south I think ;0) ) with Vgirl and me Bro and Dez and Wendy. We stayed a Draggie's house, and it was all good, as later we were served a great barbeque at some Slyboys house. Now not every one knew each other well, but in minutes were laughing and joking like long lost friends. It so reminds me of the Conga, and meeting folk along the way. Who wouldn't want to live in a world like that, where everyone is happy, happy to ablige, and ride.. If life could only be so simple.
We got up early and decorated ourselves and our bikes. I have to say we looked like a bunch of goof balls, but the laughter that came with it was worth it. The funny part was when they are all standing around forgetting how goofy we looked with the wigs tipped to one side all wind blown to shit. Especially that Wilbur brother of mine.
God it was good to see everyone out, and it was even bigger than last year. Draggie and I will take claim for this ride, when we organized to go see Baby/Mir when we hadn't even met before, a new rider, who when she said, if I ride up the Malahat, ,my bike will selfdestruct. She needed us.. we had to go help her get riding and if her bike wouldn't make it up the Malahat we would have to go there. Of course that wasn't all, we were meeting many women for the first time on our very own Island Canada Day. Which to me was a result of the Conga I. Actually it was Donna Palladino's fault as she helped me get the VILR forum going... Love ya Doc!
So back to Canada Day Ride, our very own Spyder was rushing back from the USA to ride with his girls... That man supports us in everything we do and I myself was honored he would even try to make it after his long journey home from the Spydie conventions. Which by the way, he won an award of the highest milage on any Spyder in Canada. And... which by the way at the end of the road he fell asleep tailgunning and had to blow out some webs and blast by us at the end of the trip.
I had to chuckle at the Spyderman, he thought it was such a great way how I wore my Canda Pin upside down so I could see it better that he does now to ;o)
This Bear came out in his big Red Riding machine.. Whoo hoo, 2 tailgunners on 6 wheels. Did he have some stories to tell on how different it was to ride with 3 wheels instead of two.. There ain't no RLAPING so I have been told. apparently it was more of a challange, than you would think. Sure was good seeing you and your goofy salute. Check out the pics, there has to be a couple out of 191 where ya werent giving yur famous salute that got me in trouble last year. When you look at the pic of the poor guys in the last group pic I am betting you were glad you weren't there, as I dressed them him more red.
Bear this last posting on this Breast Cancer Blog is for you honey, I didn't know anyone missed reading my garble. I think I will have to start another blog just for you. Thanks for following me and riding with us yesterday. I will be sure to post the site to the n ew blog as soon as it gets started, so that will be the last posting here, the site to the new one.
It looked so nice to see Fancy and Tazzie sitting on the side of the road blowing kisses as we came in. Even tho you never road long Tazzie, it was sure great seeing you.
Okay I am going to stop this now as I am starting to name names and I will be sure to miss some one like that movie star that came out... What was his name???
We rode down to Nanaimo and picked up a few more ppl, sorry I can't remember all the names. It was quite a long stop and the parking lot was calling my name. I looked at Tanya and said "Follow Me" She nodded...and what can I say we were doing our circles and figure 8's, scraping this way and that way. I have to say...WE KICKED BUTT!!
This guy comes over that rides a Valkykrie and said......WHERE THE F DID YA LEARN THAT??? Okay I won't bore you with the details but ya'll know where!! Okay where do I sign up , I would hope you are teaching what you learned. I said not yet but that is in my future, when I get good enough, and he just said, what do you have to do next ride like that upside down in the sky??...I have to say, I got a chuckle and then he said to Vgirl... and you on the Valkerie...did you learn from her.. I am even more impressed, as this guy has a valkyrie and is afraid of it. But of course I sold him a dvd.
Off we went to the Hut in Qualicum as we thought 394 was coming there, we hung around for a couple hours, of course people dropped off here
there. We ate and visited some more said our goodbyes and headed home to CR.
Fantabulous Day, thanks to all that came out!! Love ya'll!!
http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm150/WWRCONGA/Canada%20Weekend%2008/Canada%20Day%2009/

My last post will be of my new Blog, hopefully will get it started tomorrow.. I am getting lazy ;)

1 comment:

Bank security Services said...


Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon everyday.