Welcome to Our Conga Blog!

Wanna do the Conga???
Get your motor running!!
Ride with us...Follow us!! Come on, it's tempting!!
You know it!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Parking Lot Practise with Wendy and Dez

I went to the parking lot with a couple friends last night. I can let the cat out of the bag now, as Wendy was trying to surprise her husband Dez and she came out to practise a few nights while he was away.
Anyway the night went great. They are letting me film them and ask them questions and all and they are helping me by letting me teach them and get used to that asspect. Dez has been riding over 20 years and Wendy over 10. They both agree there is always room for improvement and in a few short hours, I see a huge improvement in Wendy. And in a couple a huge difference in Dez, no doubt. He will not be long before he is RLAP material. He can certainly ride, just has to fine tune a couple things, like always looking as far as he wants to go. He has the friction zone mastered really.
It was quite funny in the begining, I just wanted to see how good of a rider he was so I told him to go do the u-turn at the end of the slow cones set up. Do it the best way he can, and I could tell him what I saw wrong, keeping in mind the idea was to do a tight u-turn. Poor man... there is 3 women standing there watching him. He didn't do tooo bad, but obvious room for improvement. I had the 14 foot cones set up and told him to go through it with his head and eyes up, don't look down at the cones as you can see them with your prerifial visioun, do a u-turn and come back and do it again, keep in the friction zone and lighting using the rear brake. Make sure you use up all the space you have and do some nice sweeping S shaped dips.
Holy shmoly Dez...he was sweeping nice BIG S's alright!! I had a chuckle and it was my fault really. So second time round I explained dips not uturns inbetween each cone. He really did quite good. I mean we are always nervous in the beginning and not to mention a woman telling you what to do must be intimidating but he seemed to be okay with it.
Like I said, Dez won't take long to be riding like a Pro and I so look forward to riding with him and Wendy. Wendy is doing awesome too for the time that we have spent. So 2 nights a week at least they will be coming out to work with me.. Soon we will have our own Ride Like a Pro Demo team, I feel it.
I'm working with Anne Knight too, she has taken a couple days off, ..I think it was to go back and find her friction zone, she lost some where. I am sure when she comes back tonight she will reach right into her saddle bag and bring it out. Looking forward to tonight Anne, hope you make it.
Yes, and then there is Miss Vgirl.. Ahem... I be thinking she is going to need a little more practise in the parking lot the next while.. While she is a very good rider, she is off to Golden to bring back her dream bike this weekend.. A Valkerie.. That is a big bike, and it is going to be a bit of a challenge I think. I would assume, but then again, there is that gal that can do anything.
I'm hoping to have a little team to put together for some bike night before the summer is over.
I really appreciate the fact that Dez and Wendy and Anne said I could post any clips of them, while they are improving their skills, as it is going to be great watching them improve.
Watch for them on Facebook vanisladyriders@live.ca

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Τhis design is stеlleг! You certaіnlу
knoω how to kеep a гeaԁer
amuѕeԁ. Betweеn your wit anԁ
yοur videos, I was almοst mοved to stаrt my own
blog (ωеll, аlmоѕt.

..HaHa!) Wondеrful job. I геallу loved whаt you had to
ѕay, and moгe thаn that, how you presenteԁ it.
Too cοol!

Feel frеe to surf to mу hоmepage .

.. buynsellcarsforprofit.com

Anonymous said...

This parаgгаph presents cleаr idеa
in favοr of the nеw ρeοple of blogging, that genuinеly hοw to do blogging and site-buіlding.


Also visit my blog; seo company dallas tx

Anonymous said...

Hi there, of course thіs post іs tгuly рleaѕаnt
аnd I haνe learned lot of things from it about blоgging.
thankѕ.

Checκ out my ωeb pagе ... www.lewisvillelandscapingcompany.com

Anonymous said...

Learn to relax, consult a doctor for pain relievers, drink plenty of fluids and check your temperature several times a day to be sure you are not developing an infection. In the event you did not you understand, the answer is mainly because our fertility commences to say no.
http://pregnancyhelper.in