Welcome to Our Conga Blog!

Wanna do the Conga???
Get your motor running!!
Ride with us...Follow us!! Come on, it's tempting!!
You know it!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Getting off the ferry

My Canadian pin is upside down... Can you believe that?? Some one thinks I am not proud to be a Canadian because of that.. I say, it is because, I like looking at it upside right!! The truth be known, I was complaining that it would not stay straight.. Maybe the person that has a problem with that, will send me some pins savers. It fell off almost imeadietly after I walked in the door to my house. I am proud to be a Canadian, I took 30 pins to the USA and passed them all around. I am proud to be a rider on Vancouver Island too!!
The ferry ride went so fast it was unbelievable, not one of us sat down other than to eat. Collecting the donations made the ride pass so fast.
I knew we were going to meet some people as we came off the ferry, but I wasn't sure how many. I still couldn't give you a count, and will not even try other than approximate as I will miss someone, and I can't remember everyones name any way. It was amazing though.. We had 394 SCRC the biggest amount ppl of non clubs, CMC and I can't tell you how happy it made me to see everyone. I think it was around 20 bikes.
Achannel news was there also. Funny thing, I just parked on one side by myself, and would like to think I planned it, but parked right in front of the Canadian Flag.
I did not expect this at all! Yet another interview.. I wanted my bro's and Tanya and Draggie with me, but he didn't want that. I am not sure if they interviewed anyone else as I have not seen the new. Hopefully they will send it to me as they said they would try. It just doesn't seem fair, as they were with me for many miles and lots of hard work into the Conga.
It was so great to see all these smiling faces, all the hugs and well wishes.. I was home.. on the Island, they came out in support of us and it all seemed so sureal. I really had a hard time fighting back the tears. What a great bunch.
Draggie led us off to our next destination, Steve Dranes our only HD shop on the Island and it is new. It was a sight to behold, all this bikes rolling down the road in their pinkness. I blasted the Conga song once again.. I did feel proud, happy, ecstatic. we did it, and they were proud of us too. I could see the smiles and the tears being fought back by more than myself.

No comments: