Welcome to Our Conga Blog!

Wanna do the Conga???
Get your motor running!!
Ride with us...Follow us!! Come on, it's tempting!!
You know it!

Monday, June 15, 2009

Charlen Casey Heading for Biker Mag

Meet Charlene Casey – Owner of Sassybiker.com


Charlene describes herself as a simple woman, a mother and a wife. At 48, she rides a 2005 Yamaha V-Star and although she loved her bike it was too plain and personalized it with her s edgy but feminine flair of hearts, roses and ribbons. Her rear fender was stripped of the stock lighting assembly and a new assembly installed with frenched brake lights with 5 heart shapes that light sequentially when the brakes are used, as well as the turn signals. Charlene mentions, “I didn’t learn to ride until 2004 when I met my soon to be husband. He’s been riding for over 30 years but I didn’t like being a passenger.

By day I am a Records Manager for a law firm in Westwood, California, has a staff of 7 who love me (I hope), I’m fair and honest. I’ve been at that firm for 10 years. I came up with Sassybiker a few years ago because I hated the gear that was available for women. My choices were black, black and black! I wanted bright and fun colors, so I added Swarovski crystals to bling out my helmet.

I had two close friends who were diagnosed with breast cancer. I wanted to help in some way but didn’t know how. I took my pink helmet and put a breast cancer ribbon on it in crystals. I wanted to donate it to the Susan G. Komen Foundation but they never responded to my inquiry. I held on to the helmet thinking the day would come when it would be important. I soon came across Tannis Fuhr , known as Flo who was raising awareness for Breast Cancer and about to embark on the conga ride for the cure. I donated my helmet to her and that’s how Sassybiker took off

.I just love what I do with crystals. My clients are breathless when they receive their helmets. They can’t believe their eyes and often call me with teary gratitude.

I am not on TV and I’m not a skinny model. I’m a curvy, older, sassy woman who loves riding my motorcycle. I think there are a lot of women like me in the world that no one ever gets o see on TV or in magazines. I don’t wear a thong bikini but wish I could (smile) which seems to be a requirement to get noticed in the major biker magazines. I am an artist, crystals are my paint; helmets are my canvas.”
Womenmotorcyclist is honored to connect with such a vivacious beautiful rider. We know that everywhere Charlene rides she brings joy and smiles to many.
Check out her work at: www.sassybiker.com

No comments: