Welcome to Our Conga Blog!

Wanna do the Conga???
Get your motor running!!
Ride with us...Follow us!! Come on, it's tempting!!
You know it!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Idaho Falls to Hamilton Montana

This is my second attempt on this blog post.. I had it all done and the internet cut out.. So I am not too happy right now as it is 10pm and I am tired.Let me see if I can remember what I wrote.
First off, dont forget to check out all the pics on face book Flo Fuhr vanisladyriders@live.ca
We got a late start this morning leaving Idaho Falls trying to get to Misoula...It did not happen, we had a few issues get in our way. The first one was we had to wait 1 1/2 hours at the HD shop in Idaho at Grand Teton. We were waiting for the manager to show up. just hoping that the wait would be not for nothing... It wasn't. The gal was real nice and got us a pack of things together going with the pink theme. you should have seen us all decked out in pink. Draggie and Vgirl had pink wigs on.. Quite a site to behold. I was just my normal self ;o) She did admit that she had to check out our sight to make sure we were for real.. I think the pink might have scared her.. She wished us well and off we went.
Right..before we left the motel, we had to do the Conga dance. As you will find out it is just not as good as the one in Pensacola but who could ever match that one. We didn't get down the road very far, and the girls were having hair issuses.. The hair needed readjusting. This happened a couple of times.
Now hunger sets in...We stop at the Pickle Place for a atom burger. Everyone was laughing at us. Told us we were going to get rained on. We had just added some more clothes at this point. A woman walks over and say... i just have to ask... What is with the pink.. There I go again,..It will cost you ma'm if you want to hear the story.. How much she said, I told her what ever she wanted. She got a good chuckle after she heard the story and graciasly gave us $10. She then proceeded to tell me, she recognized my accent, and that she was sure she met me in Idaho last year and gave her a RLAP CARD.. I just gave her another with the firstgiving adress. She said I was with my husband,and had just recently traveled across the US with strangers. What are the chances of that ever happening. When she left she said, I hope to see you again, next year, I would like to ride with you.. Schweeet!!
Just as we were getting ready to pull out I noticed Draggies purse on top of her saddle bags... Oh dear it could have been horrific. On the road again and we get caught in construction.. this young man is holding a stop sign and smiling away at us, told us we may as well, turn off our bikes., Whay ya'll in pink he said?? Oh dear, the speel... It will cost you young man if you want to hear the story.. Okay he said how much,..what ever you want!! He graciasly reached in his pocket and we took his last $9 bucks. He took pics of us, we took pics of him, and he wished us well. he said he wanted to ride, so of course out came the trusty ol RLAP card.
The scenery and road and weather was awesome again today. The curvs were perfect, you could do them at 55mph.. Then we came to the Canyon and they got tighter and tighter...Until they were complete switch backs.. I was loving them. I could see Draggie wasn't as her speed went right down, so I passed her. Later I see Vgirl behind me, so I really knew the Dragon, was not loving them. She was tired and all from the attempted Iron Butt ride too. We waited at the bottom of the Canyon and I can't repeat what she said, about how she hated switch backs.we are all getting super tired now,and just want to bunk in for the night, we pull up to the last gas station. I thought everyone was finished fueling up, and I hear all this cussing going on.. Alot of cussing and ranting.. She lost her purse.. We were not sure where but possibly at the last gas station, we did not know the town, no one had a reciept. I tried to calm her down but it wasn't going very good. I told her everything all works out now go to the map and check where we were.. Fine.. but what was the name of the station. There was only one station, so just tell the operator. She goes storming into the store... I walk over to her bike, reach in the saddle bag.. and there it was..Good Lord, if it isn't one it is the other. Good thing there is 3 of us we all have our issues at different times.
Now we are all settled into our room with 3 queen size beds, all you can hear is the sound of fingers typing. So a good day was had by all.I am looking forward to tomorrow.. My little big brother BigE will be meeting us late tomorrow afternoon. It has been six months or more since I have seen my family, sad only one brother can come.. but I know he is riding in Spirit with us..Whoo hoo tomorrow will be another good day. I have put on 4,500 miles so far..Nite all!!

No comments: